Sunday, June 15, 2008

An Acrylic Album...

Another project off my 'to-do' list! I bought this acrylic album a few months ago to try... everything acrylic is all the rage right now so of course I have to do it too!
One of my weekly 'musts' is my Wednesday night at Absolutely Everything - a fitting name - where you can go to work on any project. I have grown very fond of the ladies that join me every week (and the ladies that work there too!). Let alone how much I have learned in the 8 months or so that I have been going. For the month of May, Kate ran a contest to do an acrylic album to win the Bind-It-All machine from Zutter... well it was the perfect excuse to take on the challenge!
I chose my album to do about some of my best friends. It took some time getting used to... acrylic is see through so you really have to position everything right for what you see through to. I opened with a picture of Keith & I at Jessica's wedding last summer... with that I needed to do some more suble colors - some darker greens and blues. I followed up with a picture taken of Jess, Kris & I at the Grog a few years ago so those colors were a little darker too, but started to get bright so I could sort of start moving it along to get to the pink from our bridesmaids dresses at Jess's wedding! I then ended it with pictures of Heather & I along with some of the boys on the back! It really was a very fun activity... I had lots of glitter, the best use of double sided paper (you can see one here with dark pink hearts on one side and big light pink ones on the other side (lower photo), transparencies, fibers (my new favorite), rub-ons are great on these albums and so much more.
The best part of the whole experience??? I WON A BIND-IT-ALL!!!!!! (well... only Melanie and I had the b#$%ls to enter so we both won!) It's going to be a fabulous addition to my new scrap space.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: