Saturday, September 27, 2008

A day with TIM!

As I always say... I am LUCKY to have Absolutely Everything in my backyard in MA... to have these wonderful women and Kate's talent and business... again, I had an amazing opportunity last night and today... I got to learn from TIM HOLTZ! What FUN.... he is such a nice guy and his teaching mannerisms make you feel like you are the most talented person in the world! He has a way of teaching classes that allows you to understand why and how you use the products that he has chosen to represent, design and use in his creative endeavours. If you have ever logged onto his blog and taken his monthly 'lessons' or the 12 days of Christmas from 2007, you know that he walks you through the process step by step, teaching you to use a product, how you use it with other products, how it's going to interact with products, why he would use it in a certain way and then wa-la you have an incredible finished design! I learned so much from his 12 days and the monthly tags. Learning it in person was incredible!

Tim came to AE for one of 2 "Holiday Festivals" that he is teaching.... If you click on the link you see the design he made for these classes... well, he shows with a canvas bag using this design for each and every person that is taking a class! For going last night, that bag was full of goodies to make the make n takes - lower collage - and other fun stuff to play with!




Above is a picture of Heather taking a break from all the crazy wedding plans with me and Tim... He was just so sweet and was so happy to take pictures with us, talk to us...
Below is a picture of the album that we did... go to his blog and check out the Festive Windows picture... yah, that's an acrylic album! We sprayed this amazing frost stuff on the covers of the album that create that look. We then learned how to use alcohol inks and paint the 'Paintables', acrylic line from Prima... a technique that I was a bit afraid of and he made it seem like we were picking up markers and coloring!






As always, I leave AE spending money and so excited to start a new project. Maybe someday I'll finish all those projects!
On a side note - I am SO excited b/c my favorite kit designer ever had been on a bit of hiatus and re-appeared this week. Fran introduced me to Scrapologie about 2 years ago, probably more, and I always wait for new kits. She no longer does a monthly kit, but does them throughout the year. Tonight she put up for sale her Provence inspired kit... her blog can be seen by clicking on the above link. Ranjini's talent is just so incredible and she continues to 'awe' me with her creations. Someday my final projects will look this exciting (esp when I learn to use photoshop on my new computer!)



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cowesett Construction Company said...

We need a blog update :) Maybe post HJT wedding photos!!