Monday, October 20, 2008

A Banner for a baby...



This little project is very overdue, but I finally had time to finish it over this past weekend! One of my Mom's dearest friends had a grand daughter in the spring. I also know the family well and wanted to do a little gift for her. The baby's name is Hayden, so I made a little banner that they can hang in her bed room.

I started by using the AccuCut machine... they released an 11 inch circle with the tabs to tie ribbons around it. You can see the circle cut here. I cut that into 8 wedges, which make the perfect pieces for a banner! you can hang it up by tying ribbons at the top! I had a great time designing each piece staying in a victorian theme of sorts. The colors are a peachy pink, very light yellow, a very light aqua with some brown accents. I was told there is no green in the room! I used papers from Graphic 45's line called Baby 2 Bride. I just LOVE this line of papers! I covered each piece with 2 different papers and over the seam used a variety of ribbon or fibers. After that I did some light embellishments and used different letters for each one.

I had to do the grid of pictures because I can only upload a few pictures to the blog and wanted to see each letter. You can see the wrapping that I did on the bottom which I made a precious tag to go along with.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: